Eric J. Goldberg is an experienced commercial litigator who has litigated a broad array of complex disputes in federal and state courts throughout the country. His practice focuses on products liability, class actions, business torts, insurance coverage, derivative shareholder litigation, and employment disputes. Mr. Goldberg also has experience in M&A and securities litigation, and he has counseled clients on corporate governance reforms and post-merger integration. He has represented clients in a wide variety of industries, including security and protection services, manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, fashion, banking, health care, insurance, and real estate.
Mr. Goldberg has an active pro bono practice. He was a member of the team that represented the plaintiffs in Kitzmiller v. Dover Area School District, 400 F. Supp. 2d 707 (M.D. Pa. 2005), a case that struck down on First Amendment grounds a Dover, Pa. Area School District policy that attempted to introduce “intelligent design” into the curriculum of public high school science classes. More recently, he persuaded an Administrative Law Judge to award his disabled client Supplemental Security Income.
Mr. Goldberg is active in the American Bar Association and serves as co-editor of the Trial Practice Committee’s News & Developments publication. Prior to joining the firm, he practiced with Pepper Hamilton LLP as a member of its commercial litigation practice group.
- New Jersey State Bar
- New York State Bar
- Pennsylvania State Bar
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- Columbia University, B.A.
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D.
- Lead Articles Editor, The Tax Lawyer
- American Bar Association, Co-editor of the Trial Practice Committee’s News & Developments publication
- Complex Tort Litigation
- Product Liability Defense
- Tort Class Action
- Insurance Coverage Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Breach of Warranty
- Class Action Defense
- Real Estate
- Copyright, Trademark, Patent & Non-Traditional IP
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Litigation Avoidance, Cost-Control & Mitigation
- Regulatory Compliance
- Crisis Management
- Labor & Employment Law
- Discrimination, Harassment, Retaliation, Whistleblower & Other Employment Law Matters
- Wage & Hour Compliance & Litigation
- Trade Secrets & Unfair Competition Advice & Litigation
- Workplace Investigations
- Training Programs
- Motor Carriage / Truck
- Supply Chain
- Warehouse & Distribution
- Appellate Practice