Thomas M. Grasso is an accomplished commercial litigator with over 25 years of maritime and transportation industry experience. Now in his 20th year of law practice, Mr. Grasso is admitted to practice law in both the state and federal courts of New York and New Jersey.
Mr. Grasso's portfolio includes companies ranging from global Fortune 100 companies to small businesses. His clients include: manufacturers, traders, shippers, carriers, truckers, warehousemen, NVOCC's, brokers, forwarders, logistics providers, cargo owners, and their insurance underwriters and recovery agents.
He has successfully litigated cases involving a variety of goods including: chemicals & petrochemicals, pharmaceuticals, heavy industrial machinery & project cargo, agricultural and mining commodities, precious metals, fresh fruits & vegetables, fresh & frozen seafood, fine art & specie, and consumer goods including electronics, textiles, cosmetics, fashion apparel and accessories.
Mr. Grasso's experience extends to matters concerning: Bills of Lading (all modes); international (UNCISG) & domestic (UCC) contracts for the sale of goods; vessel charter party disputes; charterer's legal liability; HAACP, cGMP & GDP practices; premises liability (marine terminals & vessels, ship yards & commercial buildings); yacht and recreational marine liability & warranty; vessel casualties & navigational errors; policy coverage for marine insurance & product liability; and defense of U.S. Merchant Marine Academy Midshipmen in Honor & Executive Boards.
- New York State Bar
- New Jersey State Bar
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 6th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- United States Merchant Marine Academy, B.S., Marine Transportation
- University of Akron School of Law, J.D.
- Maritime Law Association of the United States (Proctor) (Carriage of Goods Committee)
- Transportation Lawyers Association (Motor Carriage and Freight Committees)
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Complex Tort Litigation
- Product Liability Defense
- National Product Liability Program Management
- Insurance Coverage Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Breach of Warranty
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Crisis Management
- Maritime & Transportation
- Air Carriage
- Motor Carriage / Truck
- Inland Marine
- Supply Chain
- Warehouse & Distribution