Kristen Dennison’s blend of high-level trial and corporate counsel experience gives her a unique understanding of the intersection between litigation and business. While ready to try any case anywhere, Ms. Dennison has the experience to balance the legal advice she provides with sensitivity to the client’s business needs.
Ms. Dennison is an experienced litigator, focusing her practice in product liability and commercial litigation on behalf of product manufacturers, utilities, and other companies in personal injury, death, contract, and property damage cases. Ms. Dennison has defended manufacturers of automobiles, industrial equipment, utilities, aviation components, pharmaceuticals, and medical devices. She has also defended companies against claims of professional malpractice and commercial disputes.
In addition to her litigation experience, Ms. Dennison has also focused on advanced motions and appeals. She has briefed and argued appeals before the Third Circuit Court of Appeals, Pennsylvania Superior Court, and New Jersey Superior Court, Appellate Division.
Most recently, Ms. Dennison served as Senior Litigation Counsel for a global manufacturer of heavy equipment. In that role, she managed its litigation, including personal injury, warranty, asbestos, commercial litigation, and dealer disputes. Ms. Dennison also drafted and negotiated hundreds of supplier and vendor agreements, and counseled internal clients on supplier distress issues and contract disputes.
- United States District Court, Western District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court, Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Pennsylvania State Bar
- New Jersey State Bar
- The Pennsylvania State University, State College, PA, B.A.
- The Georgetown University Law Center, Washington, D.C., J. D.
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- DRI Product Liability Committee Vice Chair Agriculture, Construction, Mining, and Industrial Equipment Substantive Law Group 2021 Program
- DRI Women in the Law Committee Vice Chair Membership 2020-2021
- DRI Corporate Counsel Roundtable Chair 2021 Program
- DRI Cares Committee
- Federal Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Dennison, Kristen E. and Presnell, Todd, “A Higher Standard – Ethical Issues & Privilege Pitfalls for In-House Lawyers.” Presentation for DRI Corporate Counsel Roundtable, Jan. 2018.
- Dennison, Kristen E., “What I Learned About Business Management from DRI’s Business Principles for Lawyers Program.” DRI In-House Defense Quarterly, Spring 2017.
- Dennison, Kristen E., “Dealing the Best Deck: Succession Planning for In-House Witnesses.” ACC Docket, May 2015, 76-81.
- Dennison, Kristen E., “Build a Better Brief: Tips for Persuasive Legal Writing.” For the Defense, October 2010, 78, 87.
- Dennison, Kristen E. and Conroy, William J., “Defending the Punitive Damages Claim: How to Use Philip Morris v. Williams and Exxon Shipping Co. v. Baker.” IADC Product Liability Committee Newsletter, May 2009.
- Dennison, Kristen E. and Toomey, C. Scott, “Restraining the Defense: The Fight to Admit Seatbelt Nonuse.” Pennsylvania Bar Institute, September 2009.
- Product Liability Defense
- Complex Tort Litigation
- National Product Liability Program Management
- Environmental & Toxic Tort Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Insurance Coverage Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Breach of Warranty
- Class Action Defense
- Litigation Avoidance, Cost-Control & Mitigation
- Training Programs
- Supply Chain
- Appellate Practice